Friday 29 January 2010

Toasted by the fires of Hell

Yesterday the weirdness almost passed me by, it wasn't until lunchtime when we were all sat round the table that someone mentioned a crazy lady. I was on the alert straight away!

Apparently, that morning at breakfast a woman had asked for toast, "I would like it crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside" she had said. Well, that sounded like all the pieces of toast I have ever had (except the cremated ones), so what went wrong? The member of waiting staff had brought the toast, the guest had tasted it, declared "That is not what I asked for!" and hurled the offending toast across the restaurant.

A bit later on in one of the corridors she subjected the electrician to a rant about how he was evil, and in league with Satan.

Her room wasn't on my list, but my colleague said that other than totally going to town with the talcum powder there was nothing sinister to report.

No comments:

Post a Comment